Thank you Michelle for the Sunshine Award! Today I’m answering the questions, but instead of calling out 5 more bloggers, I invite anyone reading this to copypasta them to their blog and answer them too. They’re really good questions! I’ll add one more at the end to make an even dozen ~ you know how I am about numbers! 😂
1. Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, where?
– Not much, just to St. Martin on my honeymoon a million years ago.
2. Do you collect anything?
– No room! I used to collect Swarovski crystal, so pretty. Oh, and beanie babies lol. I guess I am accumulating a bunch of DVDs on my TV shelf and books on Kindle.
3. What is your favorite comfort food?
– Mac & cheese!
4. What does your typical weekend look like?
– Chores, board games, maybe a family visit, possibly a movie, lots of kitty cuddles, probably a migraine at some point. 😢
5. As a child, what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
– A mad scientist.
6. What is your greatest inspiration in life?
– I just warily hope for the best, but it’s difficult now with chronic pain and our insanity politics.
7. What do you love most about blogging?
– I say what I want and get minimal grief. If someone tries to troll, I block them. For whatever reason, it’s much less stressful than FB (which I’ve dumped). I hardly see any 24/7 political bloggers, for one thing.
8. What is the most valuable information you can give new bloggers?
– Don’t blog about your job/coworkers or clients, unless you’re self-employed or unemployed, or want to be. 😀
9. What is the best present you can give that is not an actual physical thing?
– Your time.
10. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
– I “met” Mick Jagger while buying a Sunday paper in West LA back in 1988. He and I helped pick up a pile of cassettes that another guy knocked over. Then we both paid for our papers. He went back to his limo, and I returned to my Camry.
11. What is your best blog post and why?
– The Duke vs. the Secretary from 2012. It’s my most viewed and commented upon poast. I guess it really struck a chord!
12. Have you published any writing?
– I’ve been paid for a couple pieces, but most of my published writing is self-pubbed. I’ve just begun gathering the poetry I wrote this year for a new collection and will be putting that up for sale shortly. It will be for e-readers, like my other work. After that, I may return to working on other, older ideas I have percolating along. We’ll see.
As always, thanks for reading!