Sadje nominated everyone to answer these questions and I thought I’d have a go. Yes, I’m procrastinating, but I have written a lot on my novel lately, so there. 😛
1. How long have you been blogging?
– Since the end of 2003 (I’ve had several blogs).
2. Do your friends and family support you in this?
– No one cares.
3. Which is your favorite time of the day?
4. What would be your dream vacation?
– Stay home, read, write, watch movies, get massages, have a personal chef deliver meals.
5. What genre of movies [do] you like best?
– Depends on my mood. Good romcoms, mafia flicks, interesting psychological dramas, GOOD comedy, musicals!
6. What do you wake up to?
7. Are you a morning person?
– After a hot shower and hot tea.
8. What motivates you?
9. How do you think your friends see you?
– Don’t know.
10. What would be your idea for saving the environment from pollution ?
– Scoop up all the garbage and dump it on Mars.
11. Happy or peaceful, what is more important to you?
What led you to start?
– When I first began blogging in 2003, it was because all the writers I knew had started to blog, so I thought I should too. Of course, they were blogging about their books and publishing contracts, but I didn’t have those things, so I just jabbered on about cats and cupcakes.
Has your motivation changed since starting?
– Not really. I still like cupcakes. In fact, today I saw on my Nextdoor app that a bakery just opened on Newport Blvd and they have these adorable cupcakes that look like little baby cactus plants, omg! I’ll have to go over there. 😀❤️🧁
What has the experience been like?
– Well, I made lots of friends (yay!) and had to deal with a couple stalkers (boo) and got into a big flamewar with some pit bull freaks and ended up closing that blog and opening a really tame one but it was too boring and then there was the private one during my mom’s illness and I quit for a while but missed it too much so I began this one to cope with my sads over the married man and didn’t even post much for a long time but here we are.
Have you learned anything?
– Never ever ever mention pit bulls.
Has your writing style changed?
– I go through various annoying phases but overall no.
Are you planning to write a novel or are you already published?
– Yes and yes.
What advice would you give to a new blogger?
– I’m just going to say what I like, which people can feel free to disregard. Talk about yourself or offer something interesting whether info or fiction or photos. Don’t make your blog a dry piece of toast that’s an impersonal pile of links or advice or god forbid news. We can google that stuff ~ no one is reading blogs to get links to Buzzfeed articles or shopping tips. We know how to find this stuff on our own. Figure out another way to monetize because that’s just too damn boring; I’ve unfollowed everyone who does this.