Roll does make me think of “rolling on a river” from “Proud Mary,” a song I love. But I also think of rolls, like the kind you eat warm with butter, not that I do much of that. I hardly eat any bread these days, just some boringly healthy whole wheat for the occasional snadwich, not that I’m doing paleo gawd no, but I try to avoid it because eh. Bread. So high in cals & carbs. I love the group Bread though… didn’t I mention that already recently? Those songs break my heart. “If the world should stop revolving…” Kills me. Dead. And there was that line in Young Frankenstein about rolling in the hay, which was hilarious… and I said I was going to rewatch YF at Halloween but I didn’t. I just haven’t been into movies lately. I do want to see Bohemian Rhapsody though. And Mary Poppins. I thought I might talk about role play, but it would just be talk, IYKWIMAITYD.
Yeah, I didn’t do troll and droll and proletariat. Whatever dudes. I’m tired. 😜
Posted in Fun, Holidays, Movies, Music, Noodling, Nutrition, Whatever, Writing
Tagged inspirational, language, misc noms, navel glazing, sex, SOCS
Big thanks to Kristian for the award! Loved his answers. 😀
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
The origins of this award are as follows:
“This award is meant to encourage new bloggers. From The Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” The award initially focused on bloggers with less than 2000 followers, but as its popularity increased this number has gone down to 200.”
My questions from Kristian:
- If someone were to make a film/movie about your life, which actor would you like to play you? Joan Cusack. People have said we look alike, and maybe I’d get an intro to John.
- If you had to stand up and sing a song at Karaoke what song would you choose? Already tried to sing Bang Bang with someone and goofed it all up.
- If you received a plane ticket through the post that could take you absolutely anywhere in the world, where would you go? Back to NorCal to visit my family.
- You are trapped in a mountain hut in a snowstorm. You have all the food and drink you need but there is no TV. What books would you like to have with you? All the romances I haven’t read. But nothing scary if I’m trapped!
- If you could go back in time and meet someone from history who would it be? Whoops! Couldn’t decide and then forgot to answer. I’ll just put Emily Dickinson.
- You arrive home after a long day and the magic elves have cooked/prepared your favourite meal, what is it? Sautéed mushrooms over wilted greens and lovely fresh seafood pasta.
- Someone pulls out in front of you on the motorway, makes you slam your breaks on, then speeds off. What would you like to happen to them? Ticket for speeding and reckless driving. I know that sounds boring, but if people were actually penalized properly, things would get better on the roads and we wouldn’t have to hate each other and be so stressed.
- What burning question that I didn’t ask would you like to answer? How many words am I up to in NaNoWriMo ~ 7674
Eight is the new 11, yayyy! Thanks Kristian for not going up to 11!
Eight random things about me then:
1. My ears are significantly asymmetrical.
2. I remember names much better than faces.
3. I don’t ask/care about/remember facts about people such as age, location, job because those things bore me, but I will remember something funny they said.
4. I have written two complete, legit romance novels (available for Kindle).
5. I have done stand-up comedy.
6. I won an award in high school for being awesome at Spanish.
7. I barely remember any Spanish now.
8. I still have some Beanie Babies.
If you have fewer than 500 WordPress followers, you have now been chosen by me as a Liebster Award Recipient ~ congrats! Please follow the rules above and take my 8 random facts (8 is the new 11) and questionize them (what about you is asymmetrical, do you remember names or faces, etc.).
Posted in Admin, Fun, Movies, Noodling, OCDoodles, Writing
Tagged aminals, celebs, driving, family, goals, inspirational, misc noms, nanowrimo, navel glazing, peeps, retro, romance novels, travel
Here’s my last Octolage for City Sonnet’s photo challenge.
26. Jam, marmalade
27. Vivid yellows of Autumn
I tried so hard to get Google Photos to put the doggie/Castles photo on the left so it wouldn’t get cut off, but nope. So, I’m going to break my own protocol and poast it separately because cuteness.
Thank the goddess I have been freed from the possibility of being a billionaire Mega Millions winner! I am just now discovering what a terrible burden that would have been.
First, you can’t just cash in your ticket like it was a hundred dollar winner. Oh no. You have to plan. Best to discreetly plop the thing in a safe deposit box and head over to a lawyer’s office to figure out how to stay as anonymous as possible after cashing it in. It’s not like you can go live in your normal unprotected house or apartment after your name hits the media. Are you nuts?
Second, I’d have to hire a bodyguard for Gatsby. 🐱 Everyone knows how much I love him, so he’d be an immediate catnapping target. I’d have to hire a second guard to keep an eye on the bodyguard. And a third one for the second one. Can’t trust anyone!
Third, all those relatives from back East who have forgotten I’m alive would suddenly remember. How fun that would be! Not. 😜
Fourth, I’d have to quit my job so I could deal with tax accountants and real estate investments and charitable contributions and such, but I actually like my job. And that would screw up my Social Security and 401K thingie. Annoying! 🙄
Fifth, all the handsome, eligible 50-something men who rejected me on dating sites because I’m not a fun buxom blonde ski bunny would suddenly decide I’m the most interesting woman in the world. How boring to have to crush their hopes one by one. 😂😂😂
Day after day, after all the newness settled down, I’d awaken in my luxury abode, work out in my home gym, get a massage from my personal masseuse, nosh on a delicious brunch prepared by my personal chef while gazing at the waves from my balcony… chat with my daughters who would also be living the dream… then I’d work on my novel while my rescue kitties scampered about (other people would be paid to clean up after them, natch)… have friends over later that night for board games and gourmet pizza made by my chef… it all would just be so samey same after a few decades ya know?
Like I said, I feel much more empowered now that I know my ticket was a big fat loser.
Posted in Dreams, Fantasy, Fun, Noodling, Writing
Tagged aminals, dating, exercise, family, games, misc noms, navel glazing, peeps, RDP, working
Found here (via Sparks).
I try to follow poasting rules, I really do, but to me pet peeves are like potato chips: you can’t pick just one! Maybe I can limit the list to my top 5. We shall see.
1. Rude, aggressive, honking drivers. This includes tailgaters, idiots who must zoom around you only to exit, jerks who honk at you to turn right on red when it isn’t safe, etc.
2. People who wear too much perfume. 🤮
3. Disgusting selfish pigs who litter, and in particular the numpties who throw trash on the ground when the bins are right there. This, I do not understand at all and it infuriates me. 🤬
4. Any computer program or website that loads the least bit slowly just to drive me out of my freaking mind!
5. People who are going to compare items 4 and 1. Gahhh! I hate that!