Yeah yeah… it’s great to have someone to snuggle with as the days grow dark and cold. And who doesn’t want to sneak in a kiss under the mistletoe? 💋
But some of us will be single next week on Thanksgiving… and after that on Christmas (or Chanukah) and New Year’s Eve too. We won’t even mention Valentine’s Day. Oops! I think there are some darned good reasons to be grateful for that… so I made a list. Feel free to add to it in comments! 😀
1. No arguing over whether to spend turkey day at his folks’ place or her folks’ place… or worst possible outcome… volunteering to host the event yourselves!
2. No freaking out over whether your honey is going to think badly of you when he or she discovers that a huge chunk of your family belongs to that political party.
3. No agonizing over what gift to buy for your sweetie… is it too soon to buy a pricey gift? Will he be offended if you get a funny gift? OMG, is her mom going to get me a gift too?
4. Okay, it’s cold, right? And you want to wear big cozy layers of sweaters not sexy little bare dresses… well, guess what? You can! You don’t have anyone to seduce, yay!
5. And no more stress about spending a wad of cash on some stupid NYE event you wouldn’t have enjoyed anyway just to impress a date. Whew! 👍🏻
6. You know all those sappy movies you secretly pretend to hate because you’re adulting? Now you don’t have to be a faker! You can indulge your love of Frosty The Snowman while drinking hot choccy and wearing flannel jammies because the cat doesn’t care.
7. Speaking of hot choccy, we may put on a few pounds over the hols, amirite? But now we can relax about that because no one is gonna be seeing us de-layered for a long, long time. What a relief! 😻
8. Unfortunately, the holidays can be a tense time for romances and many of them fail around now or soon after, but we don’t have to worry about this because we’re all alone, wheeeeeeee!
9. We can make our New Year’s Resolutions all about ourselves… our hopes and dreams and goals for the future, without worrying what a “significant other” might want, and chances are he’ll dump us anyway. 🙄
10. Finally, the best reason to be thankful for being single at the hols is when we wake up alone on January 1, 2020, we can say to ourselves, hurrah, I survived last year without getting married to an axe murderer! 🎉🎉🎉
Images from Pexels, Pixabay, Google.
©️2019 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.