Nancy has chosen one of my favorite colors for this week’s theme. So, without further ado…
Nancy has chosen one of my favorite colors for this week’s theme. So, without further ado…
After days of rain
Morning sunshine glows again
Noisy birds approve
Grass soft as frosting
Leaves drizzling sugar dew
Restful world awaits
Curious cat roams
Beyond the manicured lawn
Into shadowed woods
Ancient wings unfold
As warm fresh blood approaches
Magic spell is cast
Cat comes home with eyes aflame
Different somehow still the same
1. Pink lemonade cupcake from Trader Joe’s.
2. Adorable pretties at a Tea Shoppe in NorCal.
3. Flamingos at the Los Angeles Zoo.
4. Glorious sunset in Irvine, California.
5. Unicorn coloring to celebrate National Unicorn Day, hurrah! 💖🌈 🦄
1. Who is your favorite existentialist writer?
2. You find a mysterious package under your tree marked “from Your Fairy Godmother”…what’s in it?
– Glittery magic shawl
3. What is your favorite brunch menu?
– Nova Scotia lox, cream cheese, bagel
4. Who would you like to see in concert (living or dead)?
– Jimmy Buffett
5. Do you prefer literary fiction or commercial fiction?
– Commercial romances & mysteries
6. What is your favorite seasonal flavoring?
– Pumpkin pie spice
7. You need to make a gingerbread house, how do you decorate it?
– Lavishly with mountains of frosting and gumdrops
8. You have to dress as the opposite sex…what do you wear?
9. What is one piece of furniture that you can’t live without?
– Comfy sofa for kitty and me, for writing, sleeping, and TV-ing
10. If you can only have a non-standard pet (no dog, cat, fish, bird, etc.), what do you choose to have?
– Snake 🐍
11. What is your favorite aquatic lifeform?
– Dolphin 🐬
12. Are aliens real?
– There is probably other life out there.
13. What is your best anti-Trump slogan?
14. What is your best for-Trump slogan?
– He’s not Farrakhan.
15. If you could swap any two world leaders, who would you swap and why?
– Trump with Obrador (Prez of Mexico). Just because it would be funny.
16. You have a bun…what do you put on it?
I know it’s not quite winter yet, but brrrr.
Crushed Caramel (such a yummy name!) has nominated me for a Sunshine Award! Bunches of warm thanks, Mel! ❤️❤️❤️
My first task is to answer Mel’s questions:
1. IF YOU AND I WERE GOING TO DANCE TOGETHER – WHAT SONG WOULD IT BE TO?
– Hmm, I’m not much of a dancer, but I love oldies, so how about… the Beatles “Rock and Roll Music?”
2. HAVE YOU MADE ANY CONFESSIONS IN YOUR BLOGGING POSTS ABOUT MOMENTS OF MADNESS IN YOUR LIFE OR TIMES YOU WERE ALMOST IN TROUBLE WITH THE AUTHORITIES? (I know that some of my nominees have shared a long list of their confessions already, so please do pick the most outrageous!)
– I always obey the law (hi Stan), but I’ve had plenty of documented moments of madness aka “dating.”
3. WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL OR MEMORABLE DISH YOU HAVE EVER EATEN?
– My parents along with a waiter coerced me to eat a snail when I was 11, and it was absolutely disgusting. My parents liked unusual things and I didn’t mind some of them, but you shouldn’t force people, especially children. Now my diet is pretty tame compared to back then.
4. ARE THERE CHARACTERS FROM ANY MOVIES OR NOVELS THAT YOUR FRIENDS COMPARE YOU TO?
– Not to my face.
5. ARE THERE ANY QUALITIES YOU ADMIRE IN OTHER PEOPLE AND WISH YOU HAD TO A GREATER EXTENT?
– I wish I were more assertive early on. My problem is that I’m too nice and too accommodating… for a while. Eventually I say no and draw a boundary line, which freaks some people out. I wish I would put the boundaries in place much sooner. But I don’t because I’m curious like a kitty. I like to test things out and see what might happen.
6. HAVE YOU ANY EXPERIENCE OF ACTING, SPEAKING, SINGING OR DANCING ON A STAGE?
– I’ve done stand-up comedy.
7. APART FROM REMOVING ANY PARTICULAR POLITICIANS, IS THERE ANY ISSUE OR PROBLEM IN THIS WORLD THAT YOU FEEL PASSIONATELY YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE?
– I wish we would stop destroying our oceans, mistreating dogs and cats, and ruining every experience with noise.
8. IF I WERE TO MAKE YOU YOUR DREAM CAKE – WHAT WOULD THAT CAKE BE?
– Lemon 🍋 cake with coconut frosting.
9. WHAT WOULD YOU LOVE TO SEE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPERS TOMORROW MORNING? (other than than any particular politician being abducted by aliens)
– US Prez and VP dead (not abducted cuz then they might be returned) of natural causes, like the flu, and Nancy Pelosi at the helm.
10. HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN INTERNET ROMANCE OR AN INTERNET CRUSH YOU WERE TO SHY TO CONFESS?
– Me, shy? Nope. If I have a crush, the internet is the first to know.
11. YOU ARE ON MY LIST OF NOMINEES BECAUSE YOU CONSISTENTLY MAKE YOUR POSTS INTERESTING, YOU ARE FULL OF PERSONALITY AND YOU SUPPORT THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY SO MUCH – BUT TELL ME, ARE YOU LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE?
– I’m the same everywhere, except in real life I am (as stated above) sometimes squishy about saying no, which is actually an unkindness in the long run, since I will eventually find my iron will, and then things may not be fun.
Okay, now I’m supposed to write my own 11 questions and tag 11 bloggers, but as we know, these tags come here to die. There are loads of fun question poasts floating around Blogville though, so no one who wants one will be deprived.
Have a great Monday!
From the Blokey Guy… if you want to play, visit his link, but the basic rule is C&P and do not delete any of the questions marked with a P… or else! 🙀☠️👿
Daily Topic Subject – Just Creepy
Q1] Favourite all time creepy monster or villain?
– Rather partial to Johnny Depp’s Barnabas Collins.
Q2] Pumpkin Pie or what is your favorite pie at Halloween?
– I didn’t know we were supposed to eat pie at Halloween ~ I’ll get right on that! Pumpkin sounds good to me, iff it has a graham cracker crust.
Q3] What is something you most assuredly wouldn’t want to bump into in a darkened alleyway?
– Stephen Miller.
Q4] Have you ever dabbled with the dark side .. l don’t mean Bloody Mary either l mean Ouija?
– Not really, but I’m not opposed to it.
PQ5] What’s your most favorite Halloween movie that you just have to watch over, and over and over again every Halloween? [Link Please]
– Young Frankenstein
Q6] Are you superstitious? [How so?]
– Not seriously, but you have to make decisions somehow in a world full of chaos, so having “lucky numbers” and that kind of nonsense isn’t the worst thing unless you do actual harm. Forex, I like to buy 8 things at a time, not 7 or 9. If I have 9 things, I’ll add Tictacs to make 10.
PQ7] If you found yourself trapped in a horror movie which one would it be?
– The one where I keep joining dating sites and meeting crazy men at Starbucks. Oh wait…
Q8] On the subject whilst we are here, have you ever played Bloody Mary?
– I don’t know what that is, so no.
Q9] Oh golly jeepers, you have awoken in the night to hear footsteps in the house .. who you gonna call?
– It’s just my cat, RIGHT? 🐱
Q10] So it’s dark and creepy, and you have just been dared to visit the local Cemetery would you do it?
– No, but not because I’m afraid of ghosts ~ because I’m afraid of humans who might be hanging out there doing drug deals or whatever.
Q11] After watching a scary flick, can you just go to bed, or do you have to do something cheery first?
– I have to leave the lights on!
PQ12] It’s Halloween, you are music master at the party, what are your first five songs going to be played to kick start the night?
– Monster Mash, Spooky, Rhiannon, Witchy Woman, Bad Moon Rising.
Q13] Favorite all time scary creepy spooky book?
– Stephen King’s The Shining.
Q14] You have been invited to the ultimate Monster Mash party and it’s fancy costume – who are you going as?
– Little Red Writing Hood.
PQ15] Are you doing anything for Halloween this year? If so what?
– Probably the Saturday before but not on the actual day.
Q16] You are a junior witch going onto ‘sleep away camp’, you have to take a familiar with you and your choices are:
Black Cat ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
What are you going to pick and why?
– Cat because cat.
Q17] You have been chosen to make the tea cakes for the party and they have to look spooky what are you going to make?
– White cakes with red jello drippings all topped with swirls of fleshy pink frosting!
Q18] How old were you when you saw your first horror movie – what was it – provide link?
– My mom and I watched Creature Features in our basement while doing jigsaw puzzles. Saw all sorts of horrible things: monsters ripping off heads in ski lodges, reptiles taking over Florida, beasts eating sailors on submarines, etc. Movies (and books) were never censored for me, which is probably not the best way. BECAUSE NOW LOOK.
Q19] Are you easily scared?
– I can talk myself down from fictional scenes. People are another matter entirely. Anyone who isn’t terrified of the current U.S. gov’t right now is not paying attention.
PQ20] Are you deleting any questions, if so which ones?
Q21] It’s Halloween, you have three choices which do you pick? Party, Trick or Treating or staying at home curtain closed watching spooky stuff?
– Dismantling the patriarchy. I mean party. Damn autocorrect.