Laura nominated me for a Liebster Award and presented 11 questions. As a finale to my lazy 3-day weekend of doing nothing much, I’ll answer them while watching yet another episode of Game of Thrones.
1. Tell me an event that changed your life.
– All of them.
2. Favorite color?
3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
– Life is short; eat dessert first.
4. Tell me your favorite post that you wrote on your blog?
– The Duke vs the Secretary.
5. What can bring a smile to your face daily?
– See the photo.
6. What movie scared you as a child?
7. Favorite game? Board, online, gaming system.
– Board games, variety of.
8. How did you pick your blog’s name?
– From leitmotif.
9. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13 year old self?
– Buy tech stocks.
10. If you had to give up one which do you think you could live without? Cell phone, television, computer
11. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
– Watching TV all day and not working on my writing.
Thanks for the nom, Laura! I’m not going to nom anyone, as is my way. 🙂
[Guest post by Gatsby]
I’m a cat 🐱, so I don’t talk. Not saying I can’t. I simply prefer not to. I do what I want! Have I mentioned that I’m a cat? 🐱
Here are 7 ways I might let she who feeds me know that I love her, without using the words “I love you,” if I feel like it. 🐱
1. Time. When feedlady is busy on her laptop writing some dumb story, I step on the keyboard so she knows I’m thinking about her. 💕
2. Attention. If feedlady is talking on the phone to one of her daughters, I meow loudly to remind her I’m part of the family too. 💕
3. Snacks. I sometimes bring a food from the kitchen into the living room in case feedlady would like a crunchy while she’s watching Game of Thrones. 💕
4. Affection. I tap feedlady in the face with my paw before the sun comes up to say good morning before anyone else. 💕
5. Sharing. When I see something interesting outside the window, I yowl a bunch to share the find with feedlady. 💕
6. Thoughtfulness. I especially like to cuddle with feedlady when I’m cold because she might be cold then too. 💕
7. Surprises. I keep life fun for feedlady by pretending to be a tiger and pouncing on her and biting her grrrr! 💕
7 Other Ways for Luvvies
There’s no way I could pass up an opportunity to include one of my favorite songs with a river in it for Jim’s prompt today. I’ve loved this song since I first heard it on some wacky album I bought off the TV when I was 12 years old.
“Running Bear” is a super un-PC song written by Jiles Perry Richardson (the Big Bopper) and recorded by Johnny Preston in 1959. Bizarrely, while looking up this info just now, I discovered that Led Zeppelin occasionally included it in live medleys with “Whole Lotta Love.” I can’t even.
Posted in Music, TV
Tagged love, retro
Once I painted tee shirts and sweatshirts and cute baby onesies;
I traced patterns of hearts and flowers and cupcakes and fishies.
People complimented me on my handmade creations,
But when I added up my expenses versus sales,
It became Lucy Ricardo’s salad dressing adventure.
Prompt from Patricia
Posted in Fun, Poetry, TV
Tagged fashion, retro
I’m not sure what hardcore means. When I google it, I’m directed to punk/emo or metal and none of those song titles seem like they would be about love, nor am I inclined to listen to any because I’m old and set in my ways. So, I’m going with KISS, which is screamy and seems hardcore to me. And who better to illustrate both the concepts of hardcore and lurve than the Scooby Doo characters, I ask you?
This is for Bee’s month of music prompts.
I don’t like any of the prompts today;
They don’t inspire me one bit.
Zenith reminds me of an old TV–
Watching Bonanza and chomping chips.
But I don’t wanna write about that,
Or a city skyline, blahhhhh;
Not interested in boring buildings,
Or some drunk hunter in camouflage.
What of a glamorous heretic,
Screaming philosophy in Vera Wang?
Hmm, maybe some other day,
This morning it just ain’t my thing.
Do I even have a [favorite bird]?
Perhaps one that doesn’t caw…
You know how I feel about noise.
And what the fuck is a hoppy daw?
Posted in Noodling, Poetry, TV, Writing
Tagged aminals, fashion, FOWC, inspirational, misc noms, navel glazing, peevery, philosophy, RDP, retro
Who knows this Game of Thrones reference? 😀
I’ve been tagged by Jim to answer these 8 questions and so I shall.
1. Name a moment in your life when you felt you were most courageous.
– When I chased the car that hit me in 2016, off the freeway, down deserted streets, after midnight, like a freaking idiot. Thank God he lost me. What in hell did I think I was gonna do if he stopped? He was probably armed!
2. If you had to choose only one breakfast cereal for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
– Instant Quaker oatmeal, maple flavor.
3. When have you felt the most scared?
– See no. 1.
4. If you could sing like any musical artist, who would you choose?
– Rosanne Cash.
5. Do you collect anything?
– Not now, no space.
6. If you could live inside a TV show or movie, what would it be?
– You’ve Got Mail.
7. Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? If so, what was it?
– I used to dream for years about drowning, near- drowning, houses flooding so I’d have to escape to the roof, warning people that water was coming up to the windows and no one would listen, etc. My ex-husband said these dreams were because my mother was so hovering, but they stopped the day he left, so idk.
8. What’s your Zodiac sign?
This weekend I’ve begun rewatching Game of Thrones in preparation for Season 8, the end of the game, coming in April. I figured I’d be reasonable and watch an episode a day, but of course I can’t do that and am already on E6 tonight. It’s just so damn good even on the third go-round.
Posted in Fun, OCDoodles, TV
Tagged art, GOT