PCGuyIV has some delicious questions for us today…
- Are you an adventurous eater, or do you prefer to play it safe when you’re feeling peckish?
- Do you prefer dining in or dining out?
- When you dine in, who does the cooking?
- When you dine out, do you tend to stick to places you know, or do you look for new places to try?
1. I’m not super adventurous. The edgiest thing I tried was raw fish back in 1987. I really liked it, and sushi/sashimi became one of my favorite dishes until I began reading so many articles about parasites (that was the biggest reason I waited so long to try it in the first place, but then was persuaded it’s safe here). However, in 2016 a poke bowl made me sick for a month, so I haven’t had any raw fish since. Mostly, I eat the same things, or slight variations, day after day.
2. I like eating at home, though it’s nice to occasionally have dinner out with people (not so much during a plague). The issue with restaurant food is that it’s oversalted and otherwise unhealthful. The portions are gigantic, so even if I don’t finish something salty and unhealthful, I still end up eating too much of it. 🙁
3. Who cooks? This guy…
I wouldn’t call what I do “cooking” these days. I’ll make a salad or sandwich, maybe an omelet or a grilled cheese. I’ll nuke a veggie burger or some other frozen goodie. When I was still going to friend-events, sometimes I’d bake a cake or some cookies.
4. If it were up to me, I’d stick to places I know and like, but others sometimes want to try new restaurants. Generally, I will order something familiar even at a new place. I do want to try a new restaurant I saw the other day called Plant Power. It’s all veggie fast food, mostly burgers. Mmm.. 😋
©️2020 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.