The theme of Jim’s Thursday Inspiration this week is all about jobs, and there are so many great songs about working. In fact, besides love and romance, work may be right up there in the top subjects that lyric writers choose to expound upon. From Heigh-Ho to Lawyers in Love, we can find music that covers the gamut of professions. Doctor, doctor, give me the news, are there songs about a Working Man’s Blues? Yes indeed, and here are some of my favorites:
1. Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell version)
2. Morning Train (Sheena Easton and Rod Stewart both do great versions)
3. Paperback Writer (the Beatles)
4. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (Gordon Lightfoot)
5. The Night Chicago Died (Paper Lace)
6. If I Were A Carpenter (Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash)
7. A Well Respected Man (the Kinks)
8. Brandy (Looking Glass)
9. Radar Love (Golden Earring)
10. Piano Man (Billy Joel)
TGIF, my peeps!
©️2022 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted.