E.M. continues her Sunday Ramble series with a fresh set of questions.
1. When you feel negative, what techniques do you use to bring yourself up to feeling positive?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes talking/writing helps (usually to myself but sometimes with others). Sometimes kitty snuggles reset my balance. Other times a distraction such as an engaging movie or book will make me feel better. When I’m feeling anxious or overwhelmed, creating a list calms me down.
2. What is a smell that made you smile when you woke up today?
3. An owl is known for its wisdom, what are you known for?
I’m extremely reliable, though that’s more of a work thing. Friends know I love cats and cupcakes. I’m also pretty clumsy and dopey about technology.
4. Do you know any good recipes? If so, can you share one? (If you don’t cook, tell me your favorite food recipe that someone else makes for you.)
I don’t know any by heart ~ I have a bunch of recipes printed out that I like, but I don’t have access to them at the mo because I’m in a hotel. Generally, I prefer to go out or order something. Cooking and cleaning up afterward is a hassle.
5. How do you console the people around you? (Online or in-person)
It depends on the person and what they need. I’m generally a good listener, but I try to avoid giving much advice except for the obvious stuff about being careful. Usually, it seems people feel better after rambling on about something and getting affirmations rather than solutions…
©️2022 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted.