In this week’s episode of Throwback Thursday, Lauren asks about our birthday memories. The above pic of a delicious vanilla cupcake from Sprinkles is from a more recent bday, before I moved. Now I have a larger place (shared), but a smaller kitchen.
1) What’s your earliest birthday memory?
I don’t remember this one, because I’d only just turned one, but a photo counts as a memory, right?
2) What was your favorite birthday and why?
Probably 2021 when I got to see most of my friends (outside) after over a year of almost no socializing in person.
3) What’s the best birthday present you have ever received?
An adorable “stay calm and have a cupcake” charm from my daughters. Also, they got me a new iPhone in 2020, which was/is fab.
4) Did you ever get money as a birthday gift?
Yes, my paternal grandparents gave money. Also, my ex’s parents did too. RIP to all.
5) What did you like to do on your birthday as a kid? What do you like to do now?
This may sound weird, but even though I was an only child, my parents didn’t make a BFD out of my birthday. Usually, we’d just go out to dinner and I’d get a small gift. I don’t remember any parties.
Now? It’s always great to see my family and have some cake. Or have cake with friends. Or have a cupcake by myself. Cake!!!
6) Did you have birthday parties with friends or family parties?
Family dinners ~ I wouldn’t call them parties.
7) Did you get to pick the food for your birthday? Did you prefer to eat a home cooked meal or to eat out at a restaurant on your birthday?
I don’t remember, but I’m sure we always went somewhere I liked. We went out a lot though, so staying home was fine too… as long as there was… you know. CAKE!!!
8) Did your family have any fun birthday traditions? Did you continue those traditions with your own kids?
Not really. I probably went a bit overboard with my girls, since everyone we knew had birthday parties for kids, and I got super into the whole themed aspect.
9) Did you ever get to take the day off school on your birthday? As an adult did/do you take the day off?
Lol, no. School was more important! I don’t usually take my birthday off from work unless it is on a Friday or Monday and I’m planning a trip or something.
10) Have you ever had a surprise birthday party? Was it a real surprise, or did you know it was coming?
No. And I hate surprises anyway.
If you had a million dollars to spend only on your next birthday, what would you do?
Rent a posh beach house (and chef) for my family to come stay and play at for a week!
©️2022 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted.