Dr. Tanya continues her #5Things series by asking us to list 5 of our favorite foods that are also good for us.
1. Avocado. These fruits are so tasty and chock full of vitamins and healthy fat. I love avo sliced in a salad or sandwich, and I also enjoy simply eating it with a spoon right from its skin-bowl with a sprinkle of salt.
2. Mushrooms! Sautéed mushrooms are so yummy, and I could eat a whole bowlful of them. Everything is better with mushrooms: salads, pasta, pizza, casseroles, etc. They are high in antioxidants, which are supposed to be good for you.
3. Carrots. Crunchy, sweet carrots are the perfect snack, loaded with fiber and Vitamin A. I eat them plain or dabbed in hummus. Of course, there is also carrot CAKE!
4. Peanut butter. PB has healthy fat, protein, vitamins, and fiber… and it is super delish! I confess I sometimes have it straight from a spoon as a mini snack with tea. (Almond butter is also wonderful, though pricier.)
5. Canary melon (also called winter melon). This is my favorite type of melon, so sweet and flavorful, delicate like a pear but also a tiny bit tangy. It has vitamins, potassium, and fiber, plus it is super low calorie. Hurrah!
©️2022 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted.