1. What are your thoughts on green pea soup?
It’s tasty and filling on a cold day. I prefer a veggie version sans ham. If this is about The Exorcist, I haven’t seen it, thankfully.
2. Would you rather be Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy or Sarah Jessica Parker?
Bette Midler. She’s cute and sassy and I love her voice! 🎶
3. Do you carve pumpkins or do you consider it to be a violation of their civil rights?
Heh, neither. Too much work. 🎃
4. Have you ever screamed whilst watching a horror movie? (Legitimate screaming, not mere gasping or knocking over your wine glass.)
I don’t think so.
5. Who was the actual killer in the original “Friday the 13th” movie?
I don’t know… Saturday the 14th?
6. As a young child and presumed trick-or-treater, did you carefully plan the streets and houses you would conquer, or did you rush up to each one you could find, full of great expectations, thus setting you up for a lifetime of disappointment?
Lol, the latter. But mostly I cared about my costume and having fun, not candy, which I could get anytime.
7. As an adult and presumed non-trick-or-treater (not judging if you still do), have you ever turned off your porch light on Halloween night because you just weren’t in the mood and/or somehow forgot it was Halloween despite the candy displays that have been in every grocery store since Labor Day?
Yep, not out of forgetfulness, but because I didn’t want to answer the door while alone.
8. If dared, would you stand in front of a mirror and repeat “Candyman” five times?
Sure. Maybe… 😱
9. Do you remember the time when you could safely eat anything in your collected stash of treasures without fear or worry?
10. Do you remember the time when those treasures might be popcorn balls or candied apples because grownups made an effort to do it up right for the children of the neighborhood? And we would say thank you, ma’am, and really mean it?
I don’t remember getting homemade goodies, only wrapped candy or pencils or stickers.
11. Do you believe in ghosts? Spirits? Lingering traces of what once was?
Only in people’s minds.
12. Have you ever read “Something Wicked This Way Comes?” (Because Ray Bradbury is a master, and you should.)
13. If you were raised in a country or culture that doesn’t observe Halloween, do you have a similar holiday or time of year? We all have shared experiences, but they often go by other names…
I was born and raised in the USA ~ NY, NJ, and Illinois. VOTE BLUE! 💙
14. Did you (or your parents) make your own costumes as a child, or were they store-bought?
Some of each, mostly bought. I tried making my own “gypsy” costume one year when I was 12 and a grown man said I looked like a hooker. 😬
15. What are your thoughts on school systems and communities having “Fall Festivals” instead of “Halloween Parties”?
I don’t care.
16. Did you ever read a scary book, in your bed and under the covers, with a flashlight?
Not exactly, but I’ve read Stephen King when alone and that was scary!
17. Who is your favorite horror author, if you read such? If you don’t, why are you still taking this quiz? Just kidding. Sort of. (Alternative question: What author best reminds you that life is far too short to read anything that isn’t worth your time?)
Stephen King, naturally. 🖤
18. What horror movie series starred a young Johnny Depp in the first installment?
Idk, but he was awesome in Dark Shadows.
19. Would you rather walk through a remote cornfield in the middle of the night, talk to a clown that you discover in a sewer grate, be the winter caretaker at the Overlook Hotel, live in the last house on the left, sign the guest register at a questionable motel that features a taxidermy theme, or use an ATM in the bad part of town at 3AM?
Uhhh… the house on the left?
20. If you were to write a horror story about your own life, would you change the names of the people who did you wrong?
Already have… 😈
21. If you were offered the chance at everlasting life, albeit with some not-so-good side effects like having to suck the lifeblood out of innocent people who happened to be in the Ikea parking lot at just the wrong time, would you do it?
Nah, too boring to live forever, though this year feels like an eternity…
22. Of all the people who have passed before us, known or unknown, who would you most like to see sitting across from you at a table in a tapas restaurant in southern Spain, with that golden sun making everything surreal yet perfect, and you can just talk and talk and talk? Because I shouldn’t end this thing with real horror, but with love, and remembrance, and hope, and peace, and the imagination of little Dolly Partons in green-velvet mini-skirts who clutched a bag of treasures and briefly thought that everything was right as rain…
Erm what? My mom. 💔
©️2020 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.