Melanie has some new Q’s for us today, and again they are preceded by Potter Q’s from Roger.
Roger’s Magical, Mystical Questions:
1. Have you ever driven the wrong way on a one-way street? How did this come about?
Right after I moved to California, I had a doctor’s appointment in Pasadena. I got a bit lost and didn’t realize I was on a one-way street. I started to make a left turn from the right lane and the guy in the left lane hit me. It was my fault, of course. He was nice and helped me figure out how to get to the doc’s.
2. As a kid, did you ever decide to run away? Did you have a plan? Take a pet? Sandwiches?
I was 17 and “ran away” for a day because my parents were driving me nuts. I had cash and a car, so I picked up a friend and we went to lunch. At first, she said she’d run away too, but she changed her mind. I drove 50 miles into Chicago and ate dinner alone. Then I turned around and went home.
3. You suddenly found you have a hidden talent for playing a musical instrument. What musical instrument do you hope that accompanies your talent? Any particular song?
It would be great to be able to play the piano well. Any song.
4. Do you accessorize with jewelry? There was an opal necklace (cursed) and Slytherin’s locket (also cursed) in the Potter story. Have you had any heirloom jewelry passed down through the generations? Is it more ‘keepsake’ or do you wear it on occasion? (Hopefully, yours was not cursed?)
Yes, I wear jewelry every day, usually silver. Mostly I wear a silver bracelet that’s a chain of hearts and some other stuff depending on my outfit. I do not have any heirlooms, only a few things that belonged to my parents.
Melanie’s Ordinary Muggle Questions:
1. What ingredients go into YOUR favorite salad?
Lately I’m not so much into leaves, so my favorite salad is cut tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, and of course avocado. A drizzle of balsamic dressing is good on that.
2. If you care to, share something that really irritates you.
Red light runners.
3. What are your favorite ‘lounging around the house’ items of clothing? Now that a lot of people ‘lounge around the house’ waiting for the all clear in respect to Covid being shown the door, have those lounging items changed?
I like yoga pants and a big tee or sweatshirt. When it’s cooler, I’ll wear cozy socks. This hasn’t changed since the plague.
GRATITUDE (as always this is optional)
Please feel free to share something about Autumn (or Spring if you’re gearing up for that) that you especially enjoy!
Grateful for my snuggly kitty.
©️2020 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.