Dr. Tanya keeps 5Things going by asking us this week what we do to reduce anxiety.
1. I make a list. Whatever the problem is, a list will help. I break the task or issue up into teeny steps, so I can cross them off or delete them when done. 😎
2. I think of all the worst possible things that can happen, and then I tell myself whatever does happen probably won’t be as bad as I imagine.😱
3. I focus on breathing for a few minutes.
4. If I’m at home, I discuss the issue with a kitty. 🐱
5. Eventually, I talk about the situation with a sympathetic person, like a daughter. 💖
My strategies are different from the usual listen to music type of thing. Trying to distract myself from a stressful situation never works. I still know it’s there. What helps me is to stare it down until it shrinks from my glaring. I’m scary, rawr!
©️2020 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.