Dr. Tanya asks us to list 5 movies we love to watch over and over again. Funny, but I love the 5 movies she chose! I’d watch any of them again (and I have, especially The Devil Wears Prada and You’ve Got Mail), but I will choose 5 different ones to make this fun. There are so many good films!
- Young Frankenstein. Omg, this film is hilarious! I try to watch it every year around Halloween (though I missed in 2019, so I definitely will have to view it this fall). Such a great flick with a fantastic cast.
- Risky Business. This one has a special place in my heart. It’s set in the Chicago area, which is where I saw it the first time. I played hooky from a class and went to see it alone. Absolutely loved it. The entire theater erupted in screams when Joel said, “Looks like… UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS!” The music from Tangerine Dream and Talking Heads is great too.
- Chicago. Speaking of Chicago! I adore this musical… and musicals in general (could be my whole list really). Not sure if this is my fave musical of all time, but it’s the one I pick lately when I want to watch/listen again. It’s just so freaking excellent. Who knew Richard Gere could sing? Right? What’s interesting is I can’t stand Renee Zellweger in anything else. Nothing. She’s so annoying. But this I love.
- Goodfellas. Got to get my mob props in here somewhere. This is the best mob movie, I think. I’ve seen many and will always stop on a dime and rewatch this if I happen to run across it. Doesn’t matter where it is in progress either. Also, I own it and can simply view the whole thing anytime. Such an excellent flick. A perfectly told story.
- When Harry Met Sally. I go back and forth about my favorite love story and ultimately I do believe this is it (at least today anyway!). First, the Harry/Sally love story is far from “perfect,” which, in a way, just makes it that much better. They are imperfect people who behave in cringeworthy ways… like um actual humans. You’re like ugh no don’t say that, don’t do that. But they do and things get more tangled up. Second, while Harry/Sally are messing up their love life, we have the two secondary characters, Jesse and Marie, engaged in a truly perfect love story, so that’s cool. Third, there are so many funny scenes and quotable lines from this movie… it just stays with me. In fact, I want to watch it again soon!
©️2020 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.
Image credited to Bitmoji.