My goodness! Rory has outdone himself with a kabillion and one questions about holiday plans as if he means to become a travel agent or summat. Here we go then.
The Topic Today Is – Staycation, Vacation or Excavation?
What was the last holiday you took away from where you live?
– What do you mean what? I went to my daughter’s wedding celebration up norf.
Where did you go?
– NORF! It’s that way ^^^.
For you when is the best time to take a vacation [Holiday] as in which season, and why?
– Mrf? That’s a lot of things in one. The best time to go is when someone spots me their flyer miles which is why I’m going norf again this fall (it’s still that way ^^^).
Provide five links or titles [your choice] of the best comedy holiday films you have seen to date?
– Eh? So much work.
1. My Life in Ruins. Nia Vardalos from My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a travel guide in… guess where?
2. We’re the Millers. Sort of a “holiday” for a group of weirdos.
3. What’s Up Doc? Hilarious movie with some characters on holiday colliding with others on biz.
4. Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates. Dumb but funny.
5. Dirty Dancing. Okay, so it’s not a comedy, but I love it.
Did you overspend or underspend to your allocated budget for the vacation that you took?
– I spent the right amount.
Have you ever fallen unwell, experience jelly belly or worse on a holiday and what happened?
– Only briefly, probably from spoiled food. Nothing happened… just took it easy for a few hours.
Are you a mankini/bikini/teenykini or nokini holidayer/vacationer?
– I have modest swimsuits.
Last time you went potholing/skydiving/parachuting/dolphin or shark swimming and if none of those, when was the last time you swam in the deep blue?
– Stuck my toes in the Pacific a few years ago. I’m not a strong swimmer, so I don’t go in all the way.
How long do you normally vacation away?
– A couple days. I don’t like to leave Gatsby.
Please provide three musical tracks/song titles that make you feel in the vacation spirit?
Please display five images of the top archaelogical ruins you would love to visit or have visited and please define which they are [as in visited/love to visit].
– Would love to visit this old thing…
If you are a staycationer, what do you tend to do when at home on your holiday/vacation break that is different to the normal routine?
Last time you were seriously sunburnt was?
– Over 20 years ago.
Do you speak any languages if so which and how fluent are you?
– None, zero, meow.
When on holiday or vacation are you the same as when at home behaviour wise or are you a complete party animal?
Have you when away ever upset the locals to the point that the law had to be brought in?
– Who told you?! I mean no. Of course not. Don’t be absurd.
Provide three images to the worst souvenirs you have ever purchased thinking they were fanbloodytastic when you bought them?
– I haven’t bought dumb things. Oh, that’s not true. In Florida when I was 13 I bought a plastic alligator from a vending machine. All gone now.
What is your preference, solo/group/duo or family holiday/vacation time away?
Please name five places you have never seen that you would love to visit?
– Boston, Maine, England, Scotland, Ireland.
Why do you want to go there?
1. Boston = lobster roll.
2. Maine = Stephen King story settings.
3. England = old crumbly things.
4. Scotland = shortbread.
5. Ireland = supposed to be pretty.
Come on fess up, l’ll not tell a soul, but have you ever seriously embarassed yourself or been embarassed by another when on holiday/vacation so badly that you wanted to excavate yourself right there and then?
– Er no.
I realize this post makes me sound like the most boring of boring borings and I’m okay with that. Everyone else can sound exciting in comparison. I’m setting the curve. You’re welcome!
© 2019 Paula Light and Light Motifs II. No unauthorized use permitted. Please check out Paula’s books for sale on Amazon.