The lovely Carol Anne tagged me for the 20 questions book tag. I can’t resist a book tag.
1. HOW MANY BOOKS ARE TOO MANY FOR A SERIES?
I’m not a huge fan of series in general. Though it can be enjoyable to see a character having various adventures that get wrapped up by the end of each book, such as the Archy McNally detective stories. And I love when a a character from another story pops in just to say hello. That’s always fun. I suppose if a series is written well, it could go on indefinitely. I usually get bored though, just like with TV series.
2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS?
I am a fan. Most are predictable because I’ve read so much, but the ones that can surprise me are great.
3. HARDCOVER OR PAPERBACK?
The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I highly recommend it.
5. LEAST FAVOURITE BOOK?
Ulysses. My dad always wanted me to read this mess.
6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO?
7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU COULDN’T FINISH?
Nobody’s Baby But Mine, a terrible romance with hateful protagonists.
8. A BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
I’m about to begin Black Obsidian.
9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE?
TULOB (see above).
10. OLDEST BOOK YOUVE READ BY PUBLICATION DATE?
I’ve read parts of the Torah, so probably that.
11. NEWEST BOOK YOUVE READ BY PUBLICATION DATE?
Probably Unicorns Are Jerks by Doug X.
12. FAVOURITE AUTHOR?
Ray Carver, Haruki Murakami, Jennifer Crusie.
13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS?
I buy ebooks and a very few paperbacks. Lately, most of my books are borrowed under the KU program. It’s not exactly “unlimited” anymore though, now is it? 😂
14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOVE?
Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings.
15. BOOKMARKS OR DOG EARS?
It’s hard to dog-ear a Kindle.
16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS RE-READ?
17. CAN YOU READ WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC?
I can, but why?
18. ONE POV OR MULTIPLE?
Prefer either one first-person POV, or multi thirds. Am not a fan of the trendy multi firsts unless the stories are separate shorts.
19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS?
Depends on how long it is and what else I have going on. Usually it takes me a day or two to read a romance and maybe slightly longer for other genres.
20. WHO DO YOU TAG?
Whoever loves books!