[The above is a quote from Marshall McLuhan. The following is fiction.]
1. I love… knowing you are the one.
2. I love… watching you from afar, sending you notes, following your car.
3. I love… destroying my rival and making her believe you don’t want her any longer.
4. I love… setting everything on fire so you will scream my name in the flames.
5. I love… that you pretend not to know me; yes, it’s safer that way.
6. I love… my public defender… he really understands everything I have gone through.
7. I love… this jury of my peers… I feel the compassion in their souls.
8. I love… my prison assignment… it’s nice and warm in the laundry.
9. I love… my parole officer… she’s my very best friend.
10. I love… my darling new little puppy… I don’t know why I used to be so obsessed with men.