A thousand and twenty-seven thanks to the lovely Blokey Guy for nominating me for a Liebster and for coming up with a set of clever questions. I am going to attempt to answer these while waiting in the jury pool at OC Superior Court. Hopefully my battery will last and I won’t get interrupted to listen to some pesky case.
Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award. ✅
Answer 8 questions that the blogger gave you. 🆗
Give 8 random thoughts about yourself. ⚠️
Nominate 8 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination. ❌
Ask your nominees 8 questions. 🌀
Questions for Me
1. Are you happy with the person:
i] You are
ii] You were
iii] You think you will become?
I’m okay with who I am now and I’m always trying to do better (by my standards). Going by the past six months, I’m encouraged with my progress, in particular exiting FB and devoting more of my free time to real writing instead of pointless jabber.
2. How many colours can you see in the image below, list them in detail.
Zillions! Heliotrope, lavender, amber, shamrock, black, mauve, azure, turquoise, stone, violet, magenta, white, spring green, rust, burnt sienna, etc.
3. Is there anything within five feet of where you are currently typing that is a permanent feature and motivates you to explore your mind deeply?
No. I’m in a huge room, full of prospective jurors, and around me are chairs and tables that could easily be moved.
4. How many vices do you have and of them which are your worst?
This may sound conceited, but I’ve pretty much eliminated all vices from my life over the past couple years. The worst thing I do is not get enough exercise.
5. How curious are you to new discoveries, and first time experiences even if they are possibly dangerous or risky for you to try? As in will you try them, or make an excuse not to?
I avoid risk as much as possible, though I still have to drive a car in SoCal. I don’t need to make excuses to get out of trying dangerous things ~ I just say no.
6. If you answered No Way to question 5, what prevents you from doing so?
Migraines, back pain, finances.
7. If you answered YES Please to question 6, what motivates you to take those risks?
8. What type of song do you think our banjo player here is playing? Provide a link to what you think it might be as your answer to this question.
My Random Thots, in which New Questions are Hiding🐍
6. I’m reading Incognito by David Eagleman and it’s fascinating. What book has fascinated you lately?
2. I may have the slightest touch of synesthesia because I perceive numbers physically, sort of as a quilt. What do you perceive differently from “normal?”
4. I used to have eidetic memory, though it was never perfect. It’s faded with age (as it’s supposed to) but occasionally happily surprises me. Do you have any tricks to help you remember things?
7. A bowl of mac & cheese costs $8.50 in the court cafeteria here, which is ridonkulous, so I bought a protein bar instead. But now I haz a craaaaving! What are you craving?
1. I gave up Facebook this year. A complete and total FEXIT (including Instagram & Messenger). What unhealthy habit have you recently dumped, or are working on giving up?
3. At the beginning of the day, a funny guy described how it would be to work on a Grand Jury and now I wanna do that for a year (or more, if allowed) when I retire. What new experience has suddenly grabbed your attention?
8. I’m happy that my daughter and her fiancé are driving down from NorCal in December and the whole little fam will be together for a few days. Do you have any special plans coming up?
5. I think Gatsby is the cutest kitty ever. Do you agree? Yes or duhhh?
Now for the tricky tagging part. Pay very close attention! Since I’m doing my civic duty and waiting in the jury pool here all day long, in honor of that, and our Constitutional Rights, every blogger reading this who has a J in any part of their real name or their bloggy name… is hereby tagged. J for Jury, hurrah!